My "WHY" for kicking the FAST FOOD FAD, SUGAR ADDICTION, and Processed Foods, plus Why Your Health Care Practitioner Does NOT know best.
Eating healthy? yes, I considered myself to eat "healthier-than-most". However, I had a sweet tooth and loved my morning muffin with my coffee. I even prided myself that I could eat it daily without gaining weight (those were the days, haha!). I really didn't consider it bad, in fact they were those "healthier" muffins with fruit, bran, nuts, etc. We didn't eat a lot of red meat or pork and ate vegetables along with the other sides that usually contained some sort of sugar laden processed wheat ingredients. And of course we didn't eat white bread, we ate whole wheat bread., you know - the "healthy" kind.
- there are estimated between 300 to 1000 different types of flora (microbiology) in the digestive tract
- the relationship between gut flora and humans is not merely a non-harmful coexistence, but rather a symbiotic relationship.
- good flora are beneficial for training & maintaining a healthy immune system
- good flora are beneficial to the proper aborbtion of foods into energy
- good flora are beneficial for removing pathogens from the body
- antibiotics, processed foods, sugars, all contribute to the breakdown and destruction of the good flora of the digestive tract
- another name for the "good flora" in your stomach - Probiotics
- Probiotics are helpful in the treating of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- "...What we eat and how old we are does play a major role in the overall state of our live-in microbial population...,"
- What we eat determines the balance of flora either good or bad in our digestive tract
Since the beginning of 2013 my husband and I have made a drastic lifestyle change. We do not go to fast food restaurants, we have greatly reduced our intact of sugar and starchy processed foods. We don't eat a lot of wheat products, breads, cereals or grains unless they are fermented. We've been eating smoothies almost every day with fresh and mostly organic produce as much as possible with as many superfoods as we can get our hands on! We've increased our consumption of water and removed almost entirely the addition of other beverages, especially sodas. No diet is perfect but I must say that today my health has improved tremendously. With the addition of Silver Max and a few other Xooma products and also our NatraBurst we have turned a corner in our health. My husband and I have both dropped a lot of weight and frankly I will never look back.
My goal for today in my life is to learn more about health and diet. My dream is to go back to school to become a health coach. There are plenty of people, like myself out there who are likely ready to make some drastic changes and I am very happy to help them take those first steps.